THE Peanut Sauce

For a long time now, I've guarded this recipe like the well kept secret that it is. This recipe has gotten me more business and stalkers that you could imagine. But recently the Durango Herald did an article on one of my cooking classes, which included this recipe from my first book.

So, the silence is over... and it's time to share. Enjoy this insane goodness as a dip for summer rolls, spring rolls, or satay. Or, pour it over salads, stir-fries, or Asian noodle dishes.

The Peanut Sauce

4 cloves garlic, peeled
½ cup natural peanut butter (smooth)
1-inch segment of ginger, chopped
⅛ cup (2 tablespoons) chopped white or yellow onion
⅓ cup water, preferably filtered
1 cup coconut milk
⅛ cup (2 tablespoons) tamari, shoyu, or soy sauce
¼ cup apple cider vinegar or fresh lime juice
½ cup organic sugar or agave nectar
2 tablespoons dark molasses (do not use blackstrap as it is overpowering)
2 tablespoons toasted (dark) sesame oil
1½ teaspoons sea salt (or less if you prefer)
Optional: 1 tablespoon Sri Racha hot sauce

1. In a large blender, place the garlic cloves, peanut butter, ginger, onion, and water. Blend until as smooth as is humanly possible.


2. Add all of the remaining ingredients and process very well—until smooth. Place in a glass container with a tight fitting lid. This will keep for about two weeks in the refrigerator. If you have will power.

Makes about 3 cups of sauce; 30 minutes or under! GF/Blue (according to the guidelines in my books)

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing your secret! I just made it and it is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the best peanut sauce IN THE WORLD, hands down! I made it tonight for about the 100th time & it is just so amazing. I could almost eat it as peanut soup, no dippers needed. ;-)

    I'm so happy that you put this recipe online because I planned on doing a blog post about spring rolls & wanted to link to your recipe. I wasn't sure if you'd divulge it on your blog, but I'm so glad you did because it's my absolute favorite & I really can't recommend anything else!!!

    ReplyDelete